Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rest Day - February 13, 2014

It’s another rest day – but I have to ask myself what the heck am I resting from? I have been so lazy lately. Ever since I injured my leg, I have been fighting to find motivation to run. It would seem that I enjoy talking about running more than I am actually getting out there and doing any running.

My Doctor suggested that I avoid high impact training and instructed me to stay off the trails/treadmills for at least six weeks. He told me to focus on low impact machines like the elliptical and to try to do some light strength straining too. If my leg is still hurting he wants me to come in for x-rays – the theory being that I may have a stress fracture. This presents a problem as I am already signed up to run the Mayor’s Marathon in June (time is running out to get myself in marathon shape). I am worried that if I don’t get it in gear, I am going to repeat the same struggles I experienced at the Honolulu Marathon.


Arctic Strides would like to know what kind of strength training I should do build muscle in my lower legs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment