Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cool Down Chat - February 24, 2014




The thought of the monotony of any cardio machine is enough to make me dread any trip to the gym. As of late, I have been extremely neglectful of my health and fitness and avoiding my training like the plague. However Monday I rededicated myself to my marathon training and selected the low impact cardio exercise of running on the elliptical machine. For years I have frowned at the thought of paddling along in an effortless and aimless robotic motion and always criticized friends for choosing this option. But tonight I have to repent because I made a new friend and his name is elliptical. I competed more than five miles and burned almost 600 calories. I feel good, tired, and look forward to a return visit to the gym. 

Arctic Strides would like to know what machines or gym equipment you avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment