Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Too Early?

Wednesday morning - it's 4:30 and I am already hustling and bustling around the house grabbing this and that before I head out the door for an extra early morning run. I never feel like it's too early to head out until about twelve hours latter. When the afternoon comes and all I can think about is taking a nap. 

I wonder how other people train. Are there other "extra early" morning runners like my running partner and me? Is there a consensus on the best time of day to run? I would love some feed back. So if you're reading this, Arctic Strides would like to know - when's the best time of day to run and how do you get over the afternoon slump? 


6 comments:

  1. While I am not a runner, I am impressed with your motivation. I myself would find this to be way to early considering your hectic schedule. I would think about changing my running to late evening, get in a good run, shower and then a restful sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea - if only I had that kind of time. With work, family, and school it is hard to fit it all in.

      Delete
  2. I'm right there with you - 5:00am is my sweet spot! Only time of day that is consistently mine. Kaladi's run at 2:00pm for latte helps me through the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob - I'm not a coffee drinker, but an 8oz dose of sugar free RedBull offten does the trick for me.

      Delete
  3. nice post. I am a 5:30 am runner and love getting my workout done before most wake for the day. Make sure you get enough sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for for your comment - sleep has been tough to prioritize these days, but I am working on it.

      Delete