Wednesday, July 9, 2014

No Big Wild Life Runs 49k

I am sad to announce the following news - I will not be running the inaugural Big Wild Life Runs 49K Ultra Matathon. I have failed to train adaquently enough to accomplish the 30 mile journey from start to finish. I may still sign up to run the half marathon or volunteer to help in some fashion. 

On the bright side of things I am planing on signing up to run the Keani River Marathon. 

I am going to step up my training this week and set some pretty aggressive goals. I am hoping to begin running 25-30 miles a week by the end of the month. If all goes well I should be up to 40iles a week by the end of August. 

I have no doubt I will start and finish the 30 mile ultra next year and plan to get to Fairbanks for their 50 mile ultra in 2016. From there the sky is the limit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment